Sorrow of the godly type!
“Just see what this godly sorrow produced in you! Such earnestness, such concern to clear yourselves, such indignation, such alarm, such longing to see me, such zeal, and such a readiness to punish wrong. You showed that you have done everything necessary to make things right.” 2 Corinthians 7:11 NLT
GODLY SORROW...WHAT IS IT? This is the type of SADNESS that you would feel when you realize and repent from a sin in your life! This GODLY SORROW is very ACTIVE and POSITIVE in us! St. Paul said it does SEVEN THINGS in the our life:
1. Produces EARNESTNESS (sincere & intense conviction) to stop the sin.
2. Produces a real CONCERN to clean ourselves from the filth of this world.
3. Produces INDIGNATION (resentment) towards sin.
4. Produces an ALARM that death follows sin.
5. Produces a LONGING to see our spiritual father for guidance and confession.
6. Produces a ZEAL (passion) to be pure and holy, set apart for God.
7. Produces READINESS (willingness & preparedness) to punish the wrong that is in us.
This GODLY SORROW leads us to DO EVERYTHING NECESSARY to make things right! Do you have this type of sorrow? It is one that produces real JOY of returning back into the arms of our Heavenly Father!